DID you fall in love with a cute dog in a petshop? Or a cute puppy your friend just got and you want one for yourself? Or because you are lonely and want a trustworthy companion? If you are a kid then the next step is to convince your parents who are always appearing to say "NO." Here are some tips that wont help you unless you want to do EVERYTHING, and by everything I mean EVERYTHING to get your self a dog.
Tips for when Asking Your Parents For a Puppy/Dog:
1. First do research about taking care of puppies or dogs, which ever one you want.
2. After doing research, find a breed you want and print facts about it and find videos on youtube about that dog breed that shows how cute and smart they are.
3. Calculate the cost of having a dog so that counts crates, food, foodbowls, toys, leashes, harnesses, collars, grooming tools, and shots if you want a puppy.
4. Calculate the vet cost as well.
5. Now don't go to your parents and say, "CAN I HAVE A DOG?" because unless your parents are ultimate dog lovers, they wont say "ofcourse honey, we've been waiting for you to ask us like that!" TAKE YOUR TIME unless you want them to say "NO DOGS FOREVER"
6. Find a way to explain to your parents. Such as making a powerpoint, a movie slide, animation, or whatever way.
7. On a day where your parents are in good mood, make them have a GREATER mood. Do the dishes after dinner, clean your room and make beds, find chores around the house and even massage their shoulders.
8. When they are all happy and suspicious of why you are acting like this, bring your mom in to your room and show her the videos you found and have a good time together.
9. Let her go back and rest and the next day do chores and stuff that makes your parents happy and then bring your mom and show her the powerpoint and the stuff you prepared and say "Mom please watch and listen to the whole presentation ok? I am really serious about this and I'm not joking around." Sart the powerpoint and finish off by saying "Mom may I have a dog? Summarize your powerpoint about the good parts of having a dog and also mention bad parts too so your mom doesnt have to remind you of the bad stuff. Say that you will do the things your mom likes if she gets you a dog. Say you will pay for the dog supplies and most costs because it will be your baby.
10. Dont talk about it after she leaves your bedroom door. If she is happy tell her to talk about it to your dad because dads listen more to their wife. If she is frowning and looks concerned, just dont say anything,.and just tell her to think about it.
11. If your mom was frowning, bring in your dad and do the same thing.
12. At night go kiss them goodnight and tell them to think about letting you have a dog.
13. Dont talk about letting you have a dog unless they are in a good mood.
14. At parks look at dogs and compliment how cute and active they are.
15. GOOD LUCK. this is hard, not easy because parents are tricky but there you go. I hope your parents say yes and have a great day!