2010년 9월 12일 일요일
2010년 9월 10일 금요일
2010년 9월 5일 일요일
2010년 9월 1일 수요일
So I have been doing research on some good edible chew toys for my 6 month old pug!
So I am going to show you some good treats for your pup that wont make it sick or puke (trust me, some of the cheap rawhides made my dog puke)
2010년 8월 22일 일요일
HELLO today I am very excited because I got a new puppy!
His name is Optimus as in Optimus Prime in Transformers!
2010년 8월 15일 일요일
2010년 8월 12일 목요일
2010년 8월 6일 금요일
Now dont get me wrong! I love dogs and I think its great to have one. I am considering one myself but its not an easy decision. If you are a kid, think about who will feed and give it walks and the exercise they need. Who will literally buy the food and the supplies necessary? Probably your parents. Having a dog has TONS of great sides but can also have a few down sides which may lead to abandoning your dog.
WHat if you are a very busy person? Will the dog truly be happy in their new home with no one home most of the time?
2010년 8월 5일 목요일
When he comes walking towards you with head slightly lowered and ears back. If he comes with his head held high and ears up, keep training.
2010년 7월 27일 화요일
LUCKILY if you are the type of person who already have a certain breed of dog, you can train it to become used to the child and make sure it knows the child is the master of the dog not the opposite. You can do that by reading my next article that I will write next but for now read on.
NOW let me show you different breeds from smallest to largest that will be reletivaly gentle with children. BTW- puppies tend to be more wild so a grown dog may be a good choice.
Boston Terriers-Boston Terriers are reletivaly energetic and will be playful enough to catch up with playing with the child for hours. Because they are so loyal and friendly, they will make a great companion to the children.
Jack Russell Terriers-These breed of dogs like to play and have fun and are also extremely loyal as well so they would become a great small guard dog for your child or sibling. They are very gentle as well so they will be great buddies for the little ones.
Beagles-Beagles are one of the great dogs that loves to be around children. So they should make a fun little friend that are gentle but energetic like the child themself so it would be a safe choice.
Pugs-Pugs are generally a great pet but would be the best to have around children because of their extreme gentle personality and loyal minds. They love human attention and look very adorable too!
English Cocker Spaniels- These beautiful dogs make also one of the greatest choice to be put around children. They are very smart and will be gentle and sweet to the young children. Not only they are affectionate and loves to give out kisses, they are energetic and will love run and have a nice game of tag with the child.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels-This breed of spaniels make an excelent choice to put with children. They are very patient and loving and loves to be cuddled and hugged which the child will do a plenty of.
Shih tzus- These cuddly, fluffy breed of dogs will make a nice fluffy huggable pet for the child and will love to be sat down on their lap and be petted all day! They are also very cute looking so they will be a popular choice among the children.
Pembroke Welsh Corgis-These dogs which were favored by the queen of England herself will make a great loyal pal of the child because of their fondness to children. They will be a great dependable breed to have around children.
Bichon Frises- These soft fluffy dogs will be a great fun pet to have around children as they are very lively and cheerful! They are not aggressive at all which makes a dog very much qualified as a good children dog.
Havaneses- These pretty and cute dogs are very smart which makes them easy to train and get used to the children. They are gentle and adorable which will also be popular among kids.
For medium size dogs that suit children as well read my (PART 2) article of "What dogs are best for children" next week!
please tell many of your dog lover friends to check out our website!
That would support me very much and enough to get me an adorable dog!!
2010년 7월 26일 월요일
Today I wont be going on and on about facts. It's time for some OPINION! YEAH!
I will be telling you the BEST things about dogs with my point of view. So here I go.
1. Most dogs are really loyal. They don't betray their owners if they have good owners and are trained well and grow attached to them, just like humans. I mean, you would live with your parents because you are attached to them and grew up with them right? But if you have unresponsible parents then you wouldn't be so loyal right? Well I see the same with dogs.
2. Most dogs love what you love. If you choose the right type of dog, you will realise that they love the things you love such as they love your favorite food, favorite song, and become your best buddy with the same interest. If you love laying down in bed all day then same with your dog. If you love to run and play, same with your dog. It's very surprising to me how similar dogs become to their owners. Look around, you will see a lot of similarity between a grown dog and its owner.
3. Most dogs love to play. Unless the dog never learned to play because it was abused, most normal dogs would love to have time and play with their owner. I think that is very nice because my ferret, well....he doesn't really want to play with me. Just himself. Same with the hamsters I've had in the past. Even cats sometimes but dogs, well they just love to play and please their owners!
4. Most dogs learn tricks and make their owners happy and proud. Have you tried to train your pet goldfish before? Might work but hard huh. Well most dogs and legit enough to learn many tricks from sit to go fetch me a tissue box when I sneeze. Dogs are very loyal and love to please so I love the fun I have when I get to train and teach dogs new tricks!
5. Most dogs have amazing fur! Even though dogs don't have the softest fur like hamsters or kitties, they have pretty nice short or long fur that are fun to scratch and pet. Dogs do shed but not when you brush them well enough! Plus some dogs have fur like human hair which is so cool!
6. Most dogs love snow! I don't know much about small chihuahuas that tend to be cold easily but I do know huskies and most dogs love to dig in the snow like children! It is so much fun watching the dog run and romp around the white fresh powder like it is the best thing they have ever seen in their life! Some dogs may not be sure of the snow if they have never seen it before or hate the cold or wet feeling but the dogs I know sure love snow!...Like me!
7. Most dogs are very super friendly. As long as the dog was trained well socially when they were a pup, most dogs are very friendly toward other animals and kids. Unless they are hounds or herding dogs. But still friendly towards people in generall. Have you ever seen a goldfish or a hamster or...even a kitty that pants and sticks out their tongue and roll around on their belly waiting for a nice rub when guests comeover? Probably not! :P
8. Most dogs have super soft tongue and give nice kisses. I dont know about you but I know cats. I've felt their kisses and their tongues are sure rough! But puppies and dogs, they have the softest little tongue that makes you melt if you get kissed on your chin or nose or even hands! They can tickle you and make you laugh and make you feel all warm inside!
9. Most dogs love the outdoors! I personally love outdoors and so I love how I can walk them, run with them, go hiking, go swimming, and do so much more with them! It is so much fun! I love how I dont have to be all alone if I have a dog when I go outside to exercise!
10. Lastly...Most dogs are so protective of their owners that they do whatever they can to protect them. Even if they are small or big. I had a west highland white terrier before and whenever my dad would play with me and pretend to smack me for play fight, my dog would bark and tug on my dad's pants to make him stop and growl to help me. I was so touched. From then whenever my mom would yell at me for not cleaning my room, my trustworthy dog Lily would run up to my mom and start barking because she would think she was about to attack me or something so then my mom would stop ;) Very helpful indeeed.
There are so much more great points of a dog. Cute, cuddly, active, smart, and more but these are the main points that I find highly great in a dog because of the dogs I've had in the past. They are not cute and fuzzy on the outside but also will make you feel all warm and fuzzy in the inside too. Dogs are awesome animals and you won't regret having one.
2010년 7월 22일 목요일
2010년 7월 21일 수요일
Tips for when Asking Your Parents For a Puppy/Dog:
1. First do research about taking care of puppies or dogs, which ever one you want.
2. After doing research, find a breed you want and print facts about it and find videos on youtube about that dog breed that shows how cute and smart they are.
3. Calculate the cost of having a dog so that counts crates, food, foodbowls, toys, leashes, harnesses, collars, grooming tools, and shots if you want a puppy.
4. Calculate the vet cost as well.
5. Now don't go to your parents and say, "CAN I HAVE A DOG?" because unless your parents are ultimate dog lovers, they wont say "ofcourse honey, we've been waiting for you to ask us like that!" TAKE YOUR TIME unless you want them to say "NO DOGS FOREVER"
6. Find a way to explain to your parents. Such as making a powerpoint, a movie slide, animation, or whatever way.
7. On a day where your parents are in good mood, make them have a GREATER mood. Do the dishes after dinner, clean your room and make beds, find chores around the house and even massage their shoulders.
8. When they are all happy and suspicious of why you are acting like this, bring your mom in to your room and show her the videos you found and have a good time together.
9. Let her go back and rest and the next day do chores and stuff that makes your parents happy and then bring your mom and show her the powerpoint and the stuff you prepared and say "Mom please watch and listen to the whole presentation ok? I am really serious about this and I'm not joking around." Sart the powerpoint and finish off by saying "Mom may I have a dog? Summarize your powerpoint about the good parts of having a dog and also mention bad parts too so your mom doesnt have to remind you of the bad stuff. Say that you will do the things your mom likes if she gets you a dog. Say you will pay for the dog supplies and most costs because it will be your baby.
10. Dont talk about it after she leaves your bedroom door. If she is happy tell her to talk about it to your dad because dads listen more to their wife. If she is frowning and looks concerned, just dont say anything,.and just tell her to think about it.
11. If your mom was frowning, bring in your dad and do the same thing.
12. At night go kiss them goodnight and tell them to think about letting you have a dog.
13. Dont talk about letting you have a dog unless they are in a good mood.
14. At parks look at dogs and compliment how cute and active they are.
15. GOOD LUCK. this is hard, not easy because parents are tricky but there you go. I hope your parents say yes and have a great day!
2010년 7월 15일 목요일
*I do not own any of these pictures
2010년 7월 12일 월요일
If you don't choose the correct dog and learn the correct way to take care of a dog, your new dog will feel stressed and be unhappy in their new home in the apartment.
Now don't worry! This doesn't mean you can't raise a dog in an apartment! Unless your apartment manager says no....But besides that, YES you can raise a dog. The point of the statements above was so you can read on and find out HOW you can have a dog in an apartment an WHAT type of dog is BEST for apartment life!
Any dog can basically live in an apartment! Just make sure they get plenty of exercise and human interaction such as...love which surprisingly, many dogs don't get. Also remember that just because you have a small dog living in a small apartment doesn't mean the dog is comfortable and will get plenty of exercise just walking around in their home. Small or big, whether they are living in a mansion or apartment, they all require exercise. You think you can do all that? Well now I will introduce you to the BEST dogs to raise in your apartment. Enjoy the cute pictures too.
*I do not own ANY of these dog photos. :) Thank you.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Coton De Tulear
Miniature Pinschers and other Miniature dogs
West Highland White Terrier
Thats it! There are more breeds such as mix breeds and more but these are just some popular breeds so I hope you liked it! Please read my other articles too! Thank you!
My name is Jenny and I am an 8th grade Jr.High student.
I enjoy reading and learning about animals such as dogs so why not write about them too?
I started this web blog at first because I made a deal with my dad.
If I write a blog 2 times a week for 6 months, he will let me buy or adopt a dog or a puppy!
So I said yes since everything I did wasnt working. But this was my way of finally adopting one!
But I wont be just doing it for the dog. I will be helping everyone learn about each breed of popular dogs, some dog tips, how to train dogs, how to convince your parents to let you adopt a dog, and so much more!
I've had so many experiences with different animals! I've had fishes, chicks, bunnies, hamsters, kitties, cats, puppies, and dogs! Currently, I own a very playful and fun ferret and will be owning a dog as well! So I am willing to write how I convinced my parents to let me get all those animals and so much more!
So please check my blog often and let people know about my blog page!
I hope the facts I write here is helpful and correct!
Thanks everyone and have a great day!