2010년 8월 22일 일요일

I got a new pug puppy!


HELLO today I am very excited because I got a new puppy!
He is a 6 month old male pug and I got him from a good friend.
The good friend had gotten him at this breeders house and had taken care of him
until he got a new puppy and his mom couldn't keep this puppy because he
was so energetic and rambunctious.

His name is Optimus as in Optimus Prime in Transformers!
COOL NAME huh ;)

He got all his vaccinations, and has no health issues.
His birthday is SO awesome! It is February 14 2010!
Valentines day!

And he was free but I had to buy a crate, brush,collar, ID, two lint rollers (pugs shed like crazy) shampoo, food and water bowls, toys so it ended up costing $160 which isn't bad at all!

But he isn't neutered so I'll have to get him neutered which costs about $70 so over $200 dollars was his adoption price.

But he was sooo worth it. He is such a sweetie, very smart, active and fun, and is friendly.
Right now he is getting used to our house and keeps barking at my ferret.
Can get annoying but oh well.
I am thinking of putting him in puppy obedience class
but I think he is behaving pretty well!

He was taught "sit, lay down, speak, and jump" from his old owner and now I taught him "paw, other paw" in just 5-10 minutes!
He even plays fetch with his chew toys now!
Pugs usually don't fetch (says pug info books) but mine fetches pretty well!

His old owner fed him only 1 meal a day with a piece of chicken breast in the evening.
Puppies are supposed to have small amounts of meals but often but ....Oh well.again.
So now I am feeding him the food the old owner fed him with (cheap Kibbles but will switch foods gradually) two times day. Two small meals a day.
He was very scared of his new environment but now he is getting better.

He is very...VERY obsessed with food and is a quick learner.
He was house trained and was trained to go potty on newspapers or outside but
since this was a new environment, he almost pooped in my room.
But ofcourse before he finished I bolted him out to my yard and let him finish there.

Over all he is a pretty well behaved and good looking for a pug.
I grew fond of pugs thanks to him and one thing funny about him
is how when I point a camera to him and aim, he stands completely still
and after Im done taking a picture, then he moves and finishes whatever he was doing!
He could be a model!
Haha...Well if you have any new dog experiences please comment or if you know some facts about pugs then that would be nice as well!

Right now he is sleeping in his crate after a fun play time and walks by me and my family members.
Im glad he is getting well and I'm proud to be a mommy to this adorable puppy.
:)
ILY Optimus!

Optimus was adopted on August 21 2010 :]

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기