your pooch to play dead with the sound: BANG.
I say this many times but AS YOU GUYS KNOW I HAVE A PUG and I taught him how to
play dead and this is the way.
1. Tell your dog to sit down. Then give him a small piece of treat.
2. Tell your dog to lie down. If he doesnt know lie down, then when he is sitting down, bring the treat up to his knows and drag the treat down to the floor so he could "lie down" keep doing that until he understands how to lie down.
3. After he lies down give him another piece of treat so he will be comfortable in those positions.
4. Try to lay your dog on the side. If he doesnt want to because you are pushing him, when he is lying on the side half way with his head still up in the air, give him some treats so he is comfortable.
5. Now repeat all these steps. You can tell him to sit, lie down, and lie to the side at this point. But keep doing it until he knows it well.
6. Now do these steps again and then make him lie to the side all the way and give him some treats when his head is all the way down.
7. Repeat steps until he is comfortable. Then make your hand to a gun shape and when he sit, lie down, lay to side then say BANG and give him some treats.
8. keep doing this until he does BANG and be patient. It took forever to get my pug to play dead on command :]
BTW- if your dog already knows rollover then tell him to rollover but stop him when he is on his side and teach him BANG from there! ;)
Have fun teaching!